News

Sharon Osbourne in foul-mouthed tirade against CBS and ‘will never return’ to The Talk


Sharon Osbourne revealed she doesn’t care about leaving The Talk last year and said she would ‘never go back to that show again, ever’

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Sharon Osbourne announces new TV show after The Talk exit

Sharon Osbourne let her feelings towards CBS be known loud and clear in a foul-mouthed outburst towards the network following her exit from The Talk last year.

The outspoke presenter, 69, left the US talk show in March last year following accusations she was racist on air – a claim Mrs O vehemently denied.

And now, almost a year on, it’s clear Sharon hasn’t forgiven the network for her treatment during the incident.

When asked by a TMZ reporter whether she’d ever rejoin the show after everything that happened, she said no in no uncertain terms.

Sharon blasted: “I would never go back to that show again, ever.”

Confirming why, she said: “Because CBS sucks big time d***.”

The reporter went on to ask whether Sharon thought it was fair she was fired from the show, to which she provided a more reserved response.







Sharon Osbourne made her feelings towards CBS clear
(

Image:

CBS)

She added: “Hey, listen it happened. I don’t care. I honestly don’t care. It’s not like I need it.”

And fans of the star will be pleased to know she has no plans on retiring just yet. When asked if she planned to put her feet up, she confirmed: “F*** no!”

After her on-air dispute last year, CBS confirmed the former X Factor judge’s departure in a statement as well as putting the show on a short-term hiatus.

At the time, the network said: “Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk.

“The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home.

“As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behaviour toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.

“We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts,” it added.

“At the same time, we acknowledge the network and studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast.

“As it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.”







Sharon left The Talk after a heated on-air debate last March
(

Image:

CBS)

Earlier this month, Sharon hinted at her comeback and revealed a new project was in the works, but didn’t give any more away.

Taking to Twitter, the Brixton born star uploaded a video clip where she could be seen with her pet dog.

She told her fans: “I’m saying Happy New Year now because I didn’t before, because I didn’t want to get on the old iPhone and talk to anyone, I’ve not felt like it.”

Sharon then announced her comeback was planned as she added: “I want to share that I have been signed to do a new TV show, it’ll be starting very soon and I couldn’t be happier.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Read More

Read More




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close